🌱 Vegetarian Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Vegetarian Green Bean Casserole
You will need:
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1.5 cups French's French Fried Onions
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. This will ensure that it's hot enough when you're ready to bake your casserole.
- Next, prepare your green beans. You'll need to trim them and cut them in half. Once that's done, boil them in a large pot for about 5 minutes. After they're cooked, be sure to drain them to remove excess water.
- In your casserole dish, start creating your mixture. Combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, your cooked green beans, and 2/3 cup of the French Fried Onions. Stir everything together until it's well mixed.
- Now, it's time to bake. Put your casserole dish in the preheated oven and let it bake for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, take the casserole out of the oven and give it a good stir. Then, sprinkle the top with the remaining French Fried Onions.
- Put the casserole back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the onions on top are golden brown. This will give your casserole a nice, crispy topping.
This is a classic holiday dish that can easily be made vegetarian. The cream of mushroom soup gives it a rich, creamy base, and the French Fried Onions add a satisfying crunch. It's sure to be a hit at your holiday table!
Looking for a delicious vegetarian dish to serve at your holiday table? Look no further than this Vegetarian Green Bean Casserole recipe. It's a classic holiday favorite that has been given a vegetarian twist, making it perfect for those following a vegan lifestyle.
To make this mouthwatering casserole, you will need just a few simple ingredients. Start with 1 pound of fresh green beans, trimmed and halved. These vibrant green beans will add a pop of color to your dish. Next, you'll need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, which will provide a rich and creamy base for the casserole. Combine this with 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, and a dash of black pepper for added flavor. Finally, top it off with 1.5 cups of French's French Fried Onions for a satisfying crunch.
Now, let's get cooking! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot, boil the green beans for 5 minutes, then drain. In a casserole dish, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans, and 2/3 cup of the French Fried Onions. Bake this delightful mixture for 25 minutes. After that, give it a good stir and sprinkle the remaining onions on top. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown and crispy.
This Vegetarian Green Bean Casserole is not only delicious but also easy to make. It's a perfect side dish for any holiday gathering or special occasion. The cream of mushroom soup adds a velvety texture, while the French Fried Onions provide a delightful crunch. Your guests will be impressed by the flavors and textures of this dish, and they won't even miss the meat.
So, why not give this vegetarian twist on a classic holiday dish a try? It's sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is a must-try. Enjoy the flavors of the season with this Vegetarian Green Bean Casserole.