🌱 Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe 🍝
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
You will need:
- 200g dried lentils
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400g spaghetti
- Start by rinsing the lentils under cold water.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic until they become translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir everything together.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 30 minutes until the lentils are cooked and the flavors are well combined.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and return it to the pot.
- Pour the lentil Bolognese sauce over the spaghetti and mix well.
- Serve the vegan spaghetti Bolognese hot, garnished with fresh basil if desired.
You can add some vegan parmesan on top for extra flavor. Also, feel free to add other vegetables you like to the sauce.
Embrace the flavors of Italy with our hearty Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese. This plant-based twist on a classic dish will surely satisfy your cravings and introduce you to the versatility of vegan cooking.
Our recipe uses lentils as a meat substitute, offering a rich source of protein and fiber. The combination of diced onion, garlic, carrots, and celery forms a flavorful base, while the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree create a robust sauce. Seasoned with dried basil and oregano, this dish brings the taste of Italian cuisine right to your kitchen.
Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just starting your plant-based journey, this recipe is a great addition to your repertoire. If you're new to vegan cooking, don't worry. We have some essential vegan cooking tips for beginners to help you out.
For those who love experimenting in the kitchen, feel free to add other vegetables to the sauce. Perhaps you might even want to try a different type of pasta. If you're curious about other pasta options, check out our FAQ on vegan pasta.
Looking for more vegan pasta dishes to try? We have a collection of delicious vegan pasta recipes that don't require meat substitutes. Or perhaps you're in the mood for something different? We've got you covered with our delicious vegan dinner recipes.
Remember, vegan cooking is about creativity and exploration. So, don't be afraid to make this recipe your own. Enjoy the process, savor the flavors, and most importantly, have fun!