🍰 Classic Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe 🍫
Classic Vegan Chocolate Cake
You will need:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegan chocolate frosting
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). While the oven is heating, grease your cake pans to ensure the cake doesn't stick.
- Next, mix together the almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes. This will allow the milk to curdle, which is a crucial step in vegan baking as it replaces the role of eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, canola oil, and pure vanilla extract. Stir these together until they're well mixed. Now, add the curdled milk/vinegar mixture to this bowl and stir again.
- In a separate bowl, sift together your dry ingredients: the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sifting helps to remove any lumps and aerate the mixture for a lighter cake.
- Gradually add your dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing continuously. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the cake dense. Mix until there are no large lumps left.
- Pour the batter evenly into your prepared cake pans. Place them in the preheated oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes. You can check if it's done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Finally, let the cakes cool completely before applying your vegan chocolate frosting. This is important as frosting a warm cake can cause the frosting to melt.
This cake is best enjoyed fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week. Enjoy your delicious vegan chocolate cake!
Delight in the decadence of our Classic Vegan Chocolate Cake, a dessert that will satisfy your sweet cravings without compromising your vegan lifestyle. This moist, rich, and utterly delicious cake is a testament to the fact that vegan desserts can be just as indulgent as their non-vegan counterparts.
Every ingredient in this recipe has been carefully selected to ensure a perfect balance of flavors. The almond milk adds a subtle nutty undertone, while the apple cider vinegar works in harmony with the baking soda and baking powder to create a light and airy texture. The cocoa powder and vegan chocolate frosting bring a deep, chocolatey richness that will make your taste buds sing.
Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just starting your journey, this cake is a must-try. It's a perfect treat for birthdays, anniversaries, or just because you deserve a slice of chocolate heaven. And the best part? It's incredibly easy to make.
If you're new to vegan baking, you might be wondering how to bake a vegan cake. Don't worry, we've got you covered. This recipe breaks down the process into simple, easy-to-follow steps. And if you're curious about what goes into a vegan cake, check out our guide to vegan cake ingredients.
Looking for more vegan dessert inspiration? We have a whole collection of vegan dessert recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth. And if you're also gluten-free, don't miss our selection of vegan gluten-free desserts.
So, are you ready to dive into the world of vegan baking? We promise, once you've tasted this Classic Vegan Chocolate Cake, you'll be asking yourself "are vegan cakes delicious?". The answer, of course, is a resounding yes. Happy baking!